The biggest complaint we hear from our Guests about their hair is that they cannot produce the same results at home as their Stylist does while in the salon. We do our best to educate everyone on how to style their hair at home and with that comes a recommendation for the shampoo, conditioner and styling aids we’ve used during your visit to create the look you love.
Yet, our salon, like most salons in our industry, only sell our recommended hair care products to 30% of our guests. We also know the remaining 70% of our Guests are at least shampooing their hair on a regular basis.
So why would you trust your stylist with the shaping, styling and coloring of your hair, but not with your home hair care needs?
We can’t be sure what everyone thinks about the subject, but we thought it would be helpful for us to provide some education on why it really DOES matter what products you buy, as well as, where you buy them.
Here’s our top reasons why you should consider purchasing your hair care products from your Chazio’s Stylist and not somewhere else:
- Salon products ARE better: Generally, professional products use gentler surfactants (cleansers), are more concentrated, and have higher levels of ingredients that produce true results.
Of any person, your Stylist sees the damaging effects that occur when guests use “drug store” brands. They also see what miracles can happen when a guest uses our recommended hair care products.
It’s always baffles us as to how many guests think nothing of spending hundreds of dollars on their hair color and cuts, but yet choose to “care” for their hair with random stuff found at a drug store. You wouldn’t wash your cashmere sweater in Palmolive hand soap would you? Why would you take that risk with your hair?
- Cheap brands are watered down: Drug store brands can make a big bottle seem cheap, when in actuality it’s diluted too much to give you the results you’re seeking. Our products have higher concentrations of quality active ingredients in order to maximize the effects on your hair. This will allow you to use less and receive more noticeable results. You may spend more on the bottle because the ingredients are higher quality and more concentrated, but you’ll replace it less frequently which means you’ll end up saving money.
- Environmental Concerns: Cheaply made products result in harm to the environment due to higher energy wasting and excess landfill waste. The product lines we carry consider their impact on the environment and those who use their products. They use less plastic and paper from recycled sources, power their facilities by wind and solar, use environmentally safe, organic and sustainable ingredients in addition to organizing and investing in environmental efforts to help offset their carbon footprint. Now that’s something to stand behind. Bet you didn’t know you could benefit the planet while buying your shampoo!
- No Guarantee: Your stylist is the only one who is knowledgeable enough to know which shampoo, conditioner and styling products are right for your hair texture, density, life style and desired result. When you buy in a drug store or online, you’re taking a guess and more than likely spending money on items that won’t give you the results you need and you may not end up using. We know our brands and guarantee you will love the hair care you purchase from us. If not, bring it back and we will try something new…so there’s no risk at all.
- Invest in your Stylist: If you love your Chazio’s stylist and our salon, you’ll be happy to hear that purchasing your home care products from us is actually how we stay in business and how your stylist is able to afford their supplies, tools and continuing education. The money you spend on your services barely covers the overhead of a healthy salon business. (We know, shocking isn’t it?) It’s your home care purchases that afford us the resources we need to grow and continue to improve the service experience you’ve come to enjoy. Your stylist directly benefits by receiving educational classes and a commission that helps them to support their family as well. WIN-WIN! You can feel good about spending your money at a place that really matters to you, as well as, helping support your local economy.
- You don’t know what’s REALLY in that bottle: No diverted or counterfeit products at Chazio’s Salon! Retailers that are not hair salons are not legally allowed to sell salon brand products. This includes drug/ grocery stores, Ebay, and Amazon just to name a few. These retailers often obtain these brands from wholesalers who go out of business or have shady business practices (notice how they never have an entire product line in stock, only bits and pieces).
The products you love may well be beyond their expiration date, left sitting in a hot warehouse for “who knows how long”, or even diluted or tampered with. We can tell you first hand that we found Matrix Mega-Sleek Shampoos at CVS (priced higher than in the salon) that were yellow in color. We’ve worked with Matrix long enough to know that the shampoo is supposed to be white. Ew, gross!
Shampoos and Conditioners are easy to tamper with, combine with other products, or refill with who knows what. As long as it has the name brand you’re looking for on the bottle…they know you’ll fall for it.
What’s worse is, not only are the products being sold in drugstores, online and in big box stores often expired, but they find many of them are filled with bacteria and some are even replaced completely with cheap lotions and creams trying to pass for the salon brand conditioner you thought you were buying!
We know everyone wants to save money where they can, but the prices at these places are rarely different than in our salon and in many cases are higher. And buying from your stylist is truly the only way to know what you’re spending your money on.
We hope this helps shed some light on the subject of why it’s important to buy your hair care products from your stylist. And we especially hope to inspire that 70% of you to trust us and let us make a recommendation for you.
We aspire to grow our business and ourselves as artists so we can continue to impress you and provide you with the highest quality of service in the salon.